Working From Home
I have been splitting my time between a home and external office for most of my career and I wanted to share a few tips that I have used to make working from a home office an easy experience!
1. Have a designated work space – separating your personal and work life is key.
2. Keep a regular work schedule every day. Get up, get dressed and go to work.
3. When at work, stay away from household duties. Separate work and home responsibilities.
4. If you usually leave the office at lunch for errands or a walk – keep doing it. This will give you a sense of normalcy and also keep you on a regular schedule.
5. If you need the collaboration or company of others, schedule online meetings. You will continue to stay connected to your work community.
6. Enjoy a shortened commute! Great things can happen when working from home.
In 1665, the University of Cambridge temporarily closed due to the bubonic plague. Isaac Newton had to work from home and used this time to develop calculus and the theory of gravity. Let’s make the most of this! Happy working and social distancing!